Saw this idea over at Jason Kottke’s site, and thought it was a fun idea. Sorta a meme, but not really. At least there’s no tagging, yet.
So here goes:
- You cannot acquire experience by making experiments. You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.
Albert Camus (1913 – 1960)
- The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.
Oscar Wilde (1854 – 1900)
- We only do well the things we like doing.
Colette (1873 – 1954)
- It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one’s dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent.
W. Somerset Maugham (1874 – 1965)
- Only he is free who cultivates his own thoughts, and strives without fear to do justice to them.
Berthold Auerbach (1812 – 1882)